Looking for something simple and silly to play with the whole family? Glow Stick Tic-Tac-Toe is just what you need to get everyone having fun on a hot August night.
Warm summer evenings are calling for night games! How about a game of tic-tac-toe with glow sticks?! This game would be perfect to play with neighbors and friends, or even on a family camping trip!
Glow Stick Tic-Tac-Toe
- glow sticks (with connectors) in all colors
- clear tape – optional
To make the board:
With the connectors provided, use your glow sticks to make a 3×3 grid. Make 4 long lines, crossing them for a 9 squares total. TIP: add clear tape to the cross-overs to keep the grid in place and movable.
To make the game pieces:
Choose 2 colors, and with the connectors, create circles with your glow sticks. Each color is a different player. Or if you have different shapes and sizes of glow sticks, create 2 groups of pieces – one group per person, for their game pieces.
Optional: if you have a lot of glow sticks, make a giant board and you can use tape to create the X shape for one of the players.
Now it’s time to play Glow Stick Tic-Tac-Toe!
More Glow Stick Night Game Ideas:
- Play a ring toss bottle game – fill up empty water bottles with more water or rocks so they stay sturdy. Place them in a row or in a clump and toss your rings at them. See how many you can get around the rim!
- Create your name in glow sticks – using all the same color of sticks or different rainbow colors, form these into letters and make your name.
- Glow stick javelin toss – see how far your color of glow stick can go
- Play an add on game – one person places a glow stick, the next adds on, and so on. This can be done just on the ground or use a stick and see who’s color gets to the tippy-top last!
- Make silly faces with your glow sticks – Glow Happy!
*Originally posted 6/27/14
This is an awesome idea. I havent thought of this before!
Great post. Very creative.
O wow! I love it ? I really like your post.
What if we dont have it
I thought we agreed it would be called tic-tac-glow, Mom!