With July being National Ice Cream month, we thought it would be fun to make a giant Ice Cream Cone Craft to set the mood. What better way to spend a rainy summer afternoon or to unwind after a long day at the beach or pool! If you have a kid who is as crazy about ice creams as mine, then you have to make this! Presenting steps on How to Make a Giant Ice Cream Cone Craft!
Supplies for Giant Ice Cream Cone Craft:
- Three large white paper plates – We used Styrofoam plates about 8 inches wide
- Brown card stock
- Colorful pompoms in different sizes
- Acrylic colors – Pink & Yellow
- Sponge brush
- Tacky Glue
- Brown Marker &
- A foot ruler
How to Make a Giant Ice Cream Cone Craft
- Using Pink Acrylic color & a sponge brush, color the insides of one of the paper plates.
- Using Yellow Acrylic color & a sponge brush, color the insides of another paper plate. Let dry.
- Using a scissor, slowly cut out a circle from the middle part, discarding the edges.
- We now have 3 circles – pink, Yellow & white.
- Use a 6×12 brown card stock and cut out a long triangle. This will form our ice cream cone.
- Using a ruler & a marker, draw diagonal lines as shown in the picture above.
- Cut out a squiggly line at the bottom of each plate to resemble an ice cream scoop shape.
- Layer all the plates on top of each other.
- Glue in place adding the cone at the bottom, followed by the pink scoop, the white & the yellow.
- Once its all stuck in place, decorate with pom poms that act as sprinkles.
Use this Giant Ice Cream Cone Craft as a prop for pretend play ( we used it as a sign for our make believe Ice cream shop) or as a Summer party decor. You can even make smaller versions of these using paper plates or colored card stock and string them together to form a bunting.