Reduce, reuse, and recycle! Our family is always trying to do our part to make the world a little better by recycling in anyway we can. Every little things helps. With Earth Day coming up, we’re trying to craft with recycled items and things we already have in our home. I am loving these 5 eco-friendly crafts I found. I can’t wait to try these out this month. Make an effort to try some recycled craft projects in the next few weeks leading up to Earth Day! The earth will thank you :)
5 ECO-Friendly Craft Ideas
1. Plastic Bottle Planters: Can you believe these planters are made from plastic bottles? They turn out so gorgeous! Refresh your space with one of these cute succulents planted in a painted plastic bottle planter. Place them on a windowsill to take in all that sunlight. (via One Little Project)
2. DIY Magazine Bracelets: This is the perfect craft to help recycle all of your old magazines. I know you have a ton lying around your house- I sure do! Turn strips of magazine paper into a beautiful and colorful bead bracelet. This is a fun craft you can do with your kids of any age! (via Kid’s Activities Blog)
3. Recycled Chunky Crayons: Don’t throw those broken crayons away! You can save them all and use them for this eco-friendly craft. Turn them into chunky crayons you can use again and again. These also make super cute little gifts to give on Valentine’s Day or as party favors. (via Make and Takes)
4. Crochet Water Balloons: Try these crochet water balloons this summer. I love how colorful and bright they are for those summer months. These water balloons are super soft and absorbent and so fun to throw around. They’re also eco-friendly, reusable, and washable. Perfect to use year after year! (via Left in Knots)
5. Colorful Newspaper Owl Craft for Kids: Newspaper is great to craft with. Probably because you already have a ton of it in your home just waiting to be crafted with. Especially to make these painted owls! These owls are bright and beautiful and fun to make with your kiddos. (via I Heart Crafty Things)
How much do you love these projects for Earth Day? I hope you give them a try with all of the recycled products you have.