I love to make crafts that go with books that my daughter is reading! This time around, we created these hand-made, kid friendly, Pipe Cleaner Lollipops for our Charlie & the Chocolate factory Study kit. Super fun to make and oh, so colorful!
Supplies for Pipe Cleaner Lollipops:
- Craft Pipe cleaners in different colors – we used Pink, Green, Yellow, Blue
- Patterned straw
- Glue gun
- Fancy satin ribbons
- Pencil for twisting pipe cleaner
- Gather everything you need on a cloth or towel so it’s a super easy clean up. If you don’t mind getting a little dirty then go wild and skip the table cloth!
- Take two pipe cleaners in different shades or opposite colors.
- Holding them together, twist in place to form a single pipe cleaner in alternating colors.
- Twirl your pipe cleaner around a pencil to form the lollipop shape.
- As you do you this, use a hot glue gun, and put little dabs of glue between each swirl to hold the shape together (you don’t need much – just enough to keep the shape).
- Once you seal your lollipop circle, put a dab of glue on the back of it to adhere the colored straw.
- When the glue is set, you can then add a printable party flag to the stick for a simple embellishment.
- Take your ribbon and scissors. Cut the ribbon depending on how big you want your bow, and cut a smaller piece for the middle of your bow. Then pinch the bow together and glue in place to hold the bow. If making more than 1 lollipop, repeat step and make a bow per lollipop.
Now your pipe cleaner Lollipops are ready to be put to use. These are super simple to make and are great for Candy Land or a Willy Wonka theme party. They also look super cute on your Christmas tree! Just take the pipe cleaner that’s wrapped around your lollipop stick and wrap it around the branches of your Christmas tree!!