I try to have pizza toppings on hand in the fridge at all times, as you never know when you’re going to be craving pizza! There’s a bottle of pizza sauce and a big package of pepperoni in my fridge that I know I’ve got, so it’s time to make pizza again. As I was looking for a pizza recipes to use, I decided to come up with our own homemade pizzas using tortillas!
Bake Up a Quick Tortilla Pizza
I like a thin crust and this Tortilla Pizza hits the spot. I love pepperoni, but not a lot of cheese, so this is my kind of pizza. I pop it in my toaster oven and it is done in about 2 minutes. How easy is that?
Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- optional toppings: pepperoni, veggies, sliced meat
If you don’t have a toaster oven, simply heat your oven to 400* and cook it in your regular oven, but watch that it doesn’t burn, these are thin and will cook fast. One of the perks- super quick meal!
Load up your tortillas with your sauce, cheese, and any other toppings that sound delish! Place it in your toaster oven, or conventional oven, for 2-4 minutes, depending on how much cheese and toppings you use.
Then it’s done and ready for a snack! Or maybe even dinner!
Try these hit-the-spot pizza recipes:
I have also made similar pizzas using pita bread. Those are yummy too. I’ve eaten one of these every day for lunch for the last 5 days. It is pretty healthy on the calorie count, so I don’t feel guilty eating pizza.
- Antipasto Flatbread Pizza: read to be served in less than 30 min!
- Cheesy Baguette Pizza Bites: your whole family is going to LOVE these cheesy pizza bites made with a baguette.
- Made-to-Order Pizza Pasta Bowls: a fun twist on pizza night to get everyone in the family involved in the cooking.
- Panini Pizza: if you love pizza, you must try it in a panini! this veggie pizza panini is incredible.
- Plan and Prepare a Red and Green Meal: plan and prepare a festive colored meal for the holidays.
Have you tried to freeze prepared tortilla pizzas before heating them? I am thinking about doing so, but wanted some input, if you have some!
You can freeze your pepperoni and left over sauce. I freeze my pepperoni when I bring it home from the store. It is easy to separate the slices even though frozen. I freeze my sauce in the jar, as long as it isn’t full.