Summer is the season for s’mores. You don’t need a fire to make yummy s’mores treats. Have you tried our s’mores popcorn or raspberry s’mores milkshake? Below, we will show you how to make an easy s’mores dessert too.
S’mores dessert cups
These yummy s’mores dessert cups made with chocolate pudding and toasted marshmallows are so easy to make. They can be made gluten-free too.
You can find our full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below, but the key items you need are:
- Pudding mix – our favorite is Dove Bourbon Vanilla Dark Chocolate
- Graham crackers – buy gluten-free if needed
- Large s’mores marshmallows
- Chocolate pieces
Instructions to make a s’mores dessert
- Place the Graham Crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush; I like to use a rolling pin for this. Put a couple of spoonfuls into the bottom of the jar.
- Top with pudding. Chill until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, toast your marshmallow and add to the top of the pudding with a bar of chocolate and Graham Cracker.
How to roast marshmallows without a fire
If you don’t have a fire pit, or the weather outside is not conducive to lighting a fire, there are ways around this to still enjoy s’mores.
- Use a gas stove-top to toast your marshmallows on metal skewers
- Put your marshmallows on a baking sheet under the broiler for about 30-seconds. Keep an eye on them!
- A camp stove is a great solution for under a patio. We’ve used a bottle top propane stove a number of times for s’mores.
Are marshmallows gluten-free?
Most brands of marshmallows are gluten-free, so check the package or brand first to make sure. Pair gluten-free marshmallows with Schar Honeygrams to make this a gluten-free dessert.
Types of dessert glasses
There are many different glasses you can use for individual desserts. We used Oui yogurt jars, but if you don’t have those on hand, here are a few suggestions for you:
- Stemless wine glasses
- Canning jars
- Soda glass
- Sorbet glass
- Stemmed dessert glass bowls
- Footed martini glass
- Oui yogurt cups
Quick and easy chocolate pudding with a s'mores topping.
- 1 package Chocolate pudding mix We prefer the Dove Bourbon Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 package Graham Crackers You can also use gluten-free. Don't forget extra to put in the top of the dessert.
- 1 large Marshmallow per dessert
- 1 piece Chocolate per dessert
Place the Graham Crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush; I like to use a rolling pin for this.
Put a couple of spoonfuls into the bottom of the jar and press down.
Mix the pudding with milk according to the package directions and then pour over the top of the crushed Graham crackers.
Chill until ready to serve. Pudding mix chills pretty quickly so leave for at least minutes so it gets cold.
Right before serving, toast your marshmallow and add to the top of the pudding with a bar of chocolate and Graham Cracker.
Please Pin Post For Later: