While snowmen are very popular around Christmastime, they actually make the perfect craft subject for January! Aside from New Year’s and Martin Luther King Jr. day, January has no other crafty holidays. Until Valentine’s Day rolls around in a month or so, we can have fun with snowflakes, snowmen and other winter themed craft projects.
Flat marble magnets are all the rage, but many are made using Mod Podge and paper. This time we are going to paint on the faces. We won’t be painting the front, which will receive the most abuse from being moved around the fridge. Instead we’ll paint on the back and preserve those cute faces to be used over and over again!
Craft Some Snowman Magnets for Winter
To make these snowman magnets you will need the following supplies:
- Clear flat marbles
- 1/2″ round magnets
- Acrylic craft paint: white, black, and orange
- Matte varnish, Mod Podge or other clear sealer or finish
- E6000 Clear Multi-Purpose Adhesive Glue
When that paint has dried, add a layer of clear varnish. After that has dried, used E6000 to glue the magnets on.
More snowman crafts to do this winter:
- Cardboard Tube Snowman Craft
- Footprint Snowman Keepsake Craft
- Snowman Popsicle Stick Craft
- Paper Tubed Stamped Snowman
- Smiling Snowman Envelopes
- Recycled Grocery Bag Snowman