These cute little cards are perfect for the holidays. You can gift these to friends or create 8 little reindeer to display on your mantle for a fun decoration. And it’s a great activity for kids, they’ll love to stamp their thumbs!
Supplies for Reindeer Thumbprint Cards:
- cardstock paper
- brown stamping ink
- brown pipe cleaner
- red pom pom
- googly eyes
1. Create a small folded card from your cardstock. My card measures 3×4 when folded.
2. Press a thumb into the brown ink and stamp the thumb onto the center of the folded card.
3. With a pair of scissors, pierce 2 holes into the paper, on the top sides of the thumbprint, where the antlers will go. NOTE: this part is for an adult. Please be careful, it’s sharp!
4. Cut your pipe cleaner into a 3-4 inch piece. Thread it through one hole and back out through the second hole. Bend the pipe cleaner to give it a bended antler look. And you can add a drop of glue to the back of the antlers to hold them in place if they start to fall forward when the card is upright.
5. Glue on 2 googly eyes and a red pom pom nose.
6. You can add a fun saying at the bottom of your card. I added the words, Ho Ho Ho, and used small green pom poms for the “o” letter!
Now Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is ready to light up the night!
My daughter and I had a lot of fun with this one. We used sequins instead of puffballs for a little more sparkle, and did some of them on brown kraft paper. Check out what we came up with here: http://sweethollowalmanac.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/thumbprint-reindeer-cards/ ?
These are really cute and easy to do!
I will try it with my kids.
Thanks for the explication
We made them as Christmas labels (to-from)!! They’re adorable.
I can’t wait to do this with my granddaughter!! Too cute
Such a fun idea! We’ll have to make some this year.
Cute! I love it! I was making our christmas advent activity cards for this year and one is “make a reindeer craft” so I was pleased to see your cute idea with pipe cleaners for antlers :)