We have a book-tastic pattern for our Crochet-A-Day series. We’re stitching up a few Crochet Bookmarks to help save our spots in our favorite books.
We’re partnering with Consumer Crafts for a week’s worth of crochet projects. Head over to ConsumerCrafts.com to buy all your yarn supplies for our Crochet-A-Day projects. They make it super simple to order online and have loads of yarn and supplies on hand.
How about making a few (or 6) of these super simple Crochet Bookmarks for all your friends! They make great gifts, maybe a Valentine’s day gift along with your true love’s favorite book! And if you get really good at these, you can start making all different shapes for each end of your bookmark. I’ve seen some with crochet hearts or add a jewel or button!
- yarn – we used Caron Simply Soft
- crochet hook H
- crochet needle
You’ll make 2 circle rings, one small and one large, with a chain stitch in the middle. These rings are crocheted exactly how we have our mini crochet circle rings for the first circle you crochet.
1. Chain 4. Slip stitch your hook through your first chain stitch to join them to form a ring. Chain 1.
2. Single crochet 11 more stitches into the ring.
3. Once your first small circle is made, chain 30-40 stitches. This will depend on how long you want your bookmark or how big your book is. To be on the safe side you can always chain more, between 40-50.
4. When you have your chain length, chain 4 more stitches. Bring your hook back 4 stitches and slip stitch through to make a ring.
5. Chain 3. This will be your first double crochet.
6. Double crochet 11-13 more stitches into your ring. It depends how thick and tight you want your circle. For my bookmarks shown, I have a total of 14 double crochet stitches (including chain stitch of 3) in the larger ring.
7. Trim your yarn, pull it through, and hide both of your tails.
Your bookmark is ready for some reading. Add it to any book it’s ready to read!