It’s cold outside, which means it’s a perfect time to stay inside and do some crafting. From sparkling snow to furry creatures, the winter season is full of pretty crafting inspirations. Make some hot cocoa, grab the crafting supplies, and get started on some of these projects.
15 Snow Day Crafts for Kids
1. Shivery Snow Paint: This fun paint sparkles just like snow does! Find the tutorial over at Growing a Jeweled Rose.
2. Egg Carton Penguins: Turn an egg carton into a flock of penguins. Find the tutorial over at One Little Project.
3. Paper Snowflakes: Paper snowflakes don’t have to be boring- there are so many patterns to explore. Find the tutorial over at It’s Always Autumn.
4. Watercolor and Oil Pastel Resist Snowflake: A resist technique makes for such a neat snowflake! Find the tutorial over at Arty Crafty Kids.
5. Yarn Wrapped Cardinal: This bright cardinal adds a fun pop of color to a drab winter! Find the tutorial over at I Heart Crafty Things.
6. Paper Polar Bear on Ice: This adorable polar bear loves skating on ice! Find the tutorial over at Crafty Morning.
7. Paper Snowman Craft: Such a fun way to make a 3-D snowman. Find the tutorial over at Easy Peasy and Fun.
8. Winter Wonderland Craft: This winter wonderland craft idea comes complete with a video tutorial! Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
9. Crystal Snowflakes: It’s so fun to watch the crystals appear on these snowflakes! They’re so pretty, too! Find the tutorial over at A Girl and a Boy.
10. Winter Animals that Shred: Pull out your paper shredder and make some adorable animals! Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
11. Snowman S’mores: These just might be the cutest s’mores ever! . Find the tutorial over at The Shabby Creek Cottage.
12. Foam Cup Snowy Owl: These snowy owls are so adorable, aren’t they? Find the tutorial over at I Heart Crafty Things.
13. Bleeding Tissue Paper Snowflake Art: It’s so fun to watch the colors appear when you craft with bleeding tissue paper. Find the tutorial over at The Pinterested Parent.
14. Pom Pom Painted Snow Globe: You won’t have to worry about these snow globes breaking if you drop them! Find the tutorial over at Crafty Morning.
15. Sparkly Icicles: These icicles sparkle like the real thing, but you won’t have to worry about them melting! Find the tutorial over at Kids Craft Room.
Crafting is a great way to appreciate the beauty of winter while staying warm inside!