My husband loves Monkey Bread Muffins. He always begs me to make them. I decided it was time to give them a little twist. I jazzed them up by making Oreo Monkey Bread Muffins. Instead of the traditional cinnamon and sugar muffins, I used crushed up Oreos and white chocolate chips. I also drizzled the muffins with a sweet cream cheese glaze.
These Oreo Monkey Bread Muffins are a decadent breakfast treat. They also make a great snack or dessert! My husband sure loved them…and I think you will too! Enjoy!
Oreo Monkey Bread Muffins
- 4 cans of refrigerated biscuits
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups crushed Oreos
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk, or enough to make it a glazing consistency
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Cut the biscuits in half and roll the dough into little balls. Dip the balls into the softened butter. Place four balls in one muffin cup. Tuck white chocolate chips in between the dough balls. Sprinkle crushed Oreos over each muffin.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let muffins cool for two minutes in the pan. Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
4. While the muffins are cooling, make the cream cheese glaze. Whisk together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, it should be thin enough to drizzle but not too watery. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins with a spoon. Enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins