My favorite gifts over the holidays are activities that we can all do together that beat the winter blues and the boredom of being stuck indoors. Put together your own basket full of activities for snow days and leave it out for everyone to dig through on those cold winter days when you just want to stay inside and be warm.
This DIY snow day survival kit makes a fantastic gift for families, college kids, and neighbors who might be snowed in over the holidays. Make your own basket to take on winter vacation with you too.
This is what we included in our snow day activities basket:
- A tie-dye kit for making fun shirts in cool winter colors.
- Melty snowflake ornament kit.
- Mini macrame kit.
- An unfinished wood magnetic puzzle piece kit.
- Roll A Snowman magnetic pocket game.
- Selfies 500-piece jigsaw puzzle.
- Cabin in the Woods gingerbread cookie kit.
- Hershey’s S’mores Perfectly Toasted Game.
The idea is that you include a fun mix of new hobbies to try, jigsaw puzzles you can work on over time, and board games to play (especially if the power goes out). If this basket is going to a college kid, include a book, themed snacks, and fuzzy socks too.
More activities for snow days
Here are some more ideas that you can include in your snow day activities basket.
Tip: Fill Ziploc bags with craft supplies so that kids can grab and go.
- Make coffee filter snowflakes
- Fill jars with the ingredients for these yummy muddy buddies
- Don’t forget a game of snowflake tic-tac-toe
- Stitch a snowman greeting card for family and friends in send them off in these smiling snowman envelopes
- Make these paper dolls to dress up and play with
- And if we haven’t given you enough to do, here’s 100 more ideas to beat the winter blues
If you decide to give this snow day survival kit as a gift, don’t forget to print our ‘snow day fun’ gift tag. We made this one using PicMonkey, so if you want yours to look a little different, head on over there to make your own.
What else would you include in your snow day fun gift basket?